Header

Blogs Crafty Monday's The Five Things Series Product Reviews Makeup Random Inspiration Facebook: DeeOreoBlogs Twitter: @DeeOreoBlogs Instagram: @Dee_Oreo Image Map

Friday, January 17, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag - January 2014 Review

Hey guys!

It is the middle of the month and I have just received my first Ipsy glam bag.

To start off, It was shipped in a shiny, pink and very cute shipping envelope.









(For those of you not familiar with Ipsy, it is a customized, beauty subscription service. For $10 a month, you receive five items that range from sample to full sized makeup, hair and beauty products inside of a cute makeup bag).





This was my first time receiving a glam bag and I was pretty excited opening up my package.


I received the following:
*Malin + Goetz mojito lip balm
*healthysexyhair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner
*Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow in pearl
*Willa on the go face towelettes
*Apothederm skin serum


The most exciting item that I received was the Malin + Goetz Mojito lip balm. I received a full sized container. It is .35oz of product and the cost alone is $12. I've read a lot of reviews and the only con that I have read is the applicator. It has none. I, personally, do not mind. I can easily apply it using the opening on the tube. It glides on nicely and has a light minty, sort of mojito drink, scent. It also lasts a nice amount of time. This is definitely a product I will continue using.



Next, was the healthysexyhar Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner. It was a 50ml sized product, perfect for travel (The 8.5 oz product goes for $17.95). I wanted to try out this product as soon as I received it. I washed my hair, sprayed this on and combed it out. I put my hair in a bun and fell asleep. When I woke up and let my hair down, I was amazed. My hair felt great. I tested out throughout the day by only applying a little gel to my hair. My hair is still very smooth and didn't need any product added. This is a definite repurchase.



Being a HUGE fan of makeup, I was glad to see one makeup item. The Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow in pearl comes in a pencil form. This item came in 0.7g (the 1.5g/0.05 oz sells for $14.99) and definitely lives up to the "Waterproof" title. I wanted to share a swatch so I swept it across my hand and was this so hard to remove. The color is not too noticeable alone, but it works great used with a darker eyeshadow to lighten up a smokey eye. I'm not a huge fan off this though so I'm not too sure if I'll be repurchasing this item.




Another item that I was excited about was the Willa on the go face towelettes. These sell for $4.50. I like the size, which is perfect to throw in a bag or clutch. They are refreshing and the smell (which was huge on the complaint list) wasn't bad. the only thing I did not like was that it didn't remove all of my makeup. They are great for cleaning your face after the gym or dance class (or in my case, a long day of teaching). I will be picking up a few packs to throw in my bag.



The last item I received was the Apothederm skin serum. I received a vial with 0.35oz of product (The full sized product (1oz) goes for $67.50). This serum refines, brightens and hydrates for a more even complexion. I only used it once and the feel, after drying, was sticky. After using moisturizer on top, It wasn't bad. t will continue to try this product and I'm hoping to see good results, so far so good. i'm not sure If I will repurchase this product for $67.50.


Thank you for reading my Ipsy Glam Bag - January 2014 review. 

Any questions, advice, blog post requests, products you would like reviewed or comments please feel free to comment.

Until next blog, Gbu guys!













No comments:

Post a Comment